Formatting your UG or Masters dissertation using the UoH templates [On campus]
When working on a long, multi-sectioned document like an undergraduate or masters dissertation, there are features of MSWord that you may need to use for the first time. The University has created templates for creating such documents and this workshop will show you how to use one of these templates:
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Using the in-built styles to format your text
- Being aware of the pre-set sections and what needs to go in each one
- Using captioning to number your figures and tables
- Cross-referencing to tables, figures etc.
- Inserting landscape pages within the document
- Editing page numbers if necessary
- Populating the tables of contents, list of figures and list of tables if using
Who this workshop is for
Final year undergraduate or masters students who need to format long documents such as dissertations or independent projects.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.