Critical thinking & writing [On Campus]
- Thursday, 13th July 2023
- 10:00 - 11:30
- BJL Skills Room 2 - Ground floor
- Hull Campus
- Critical thinking and writing UG
Critical thinking is an essential skill for academic study and is probably one of the most transferable skills you will develop at university. This workshop will introduce you to the concept of critical thinking and how to apply it to your studies. During the workshop you will explore key definitions of critical thinking, the different levels of criticality, how to analyse sources critically and how to recognise, assess and write critical argument.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain in basic terms what critical thinking and critical writing mean
- Give examples of methods to develop critical thinking and critical writing skills
- Start applying critical thinking methods to your own studies
Who this workshop is for
Foundation and undergraduate students. If you are about to undertake your first assignment, have had feedback telling you to be more critical and/or want to improve future marks then this workshop can help you.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.