Reports - Highlighting trends and projections
- Monday, 20th March 2023
- 11:00 - 12:30
- BJL Global Hull Language Centre - 2nd Floor
- Key language features of academic writing Reports Speaking Workshop
Line graphs are a popular way of displaying data. They are used illustrate trends and projections and show how information is connected in some way (generally over a period of time). To successfully describe a line graph, specific language is therefore needed. In this lesson you will learn to describe the key features of a line graph and develop the correct use of verb/adverb/adjective collocations to help you describe your data’s movement in a simple and effective way.
In this workshop, we will:
- become more familiar with the various types of line graphs.
- build relevant vocabulary for describing these graphs.
- use grammar – verb-adverb-adjective collocations.
- practise discussing trends with a partner.
Highlighting trends and projections is a workshop
The session is 90 minutes long.
This workshop is repeated each month.