Academic poster presentations [On campus]
- Thursday, 28th July 2022
- 14:00 - 15:30
- BJL Skills Room 1 - Ground floor
- Hull Campus
- Academic poster presentations PG
The first step in sharing your research at conferences is often by presenting a poster. This workshop looks at the principles of what makes an effective poster – we consider overall structure and design as well as tips for making sure your text and visuals spot on. There is also the opportunity to critique some posters and learn from other people’s triumphs and disasters!
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of good poster structure and design
- Work effectively with text and images
- Make sure your poster stands out from the rest (for good reasons).
- Recognise good and bad practices.
Who this workshop is for
This workshop is ideal for postgraduate students or early career researchers who are looking to disseminate aspects of their research at conferences.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.