Using EndNote to manage your references [On campus]
These workshops will cover everything you need to know about building and organising an EndNote library. The first workshop will show you how to add references and their pdfs manually and using various automated methods. That workshop also looks at ways of organising your references within the program. This second workshop covers two main features: syncing to and working with EndNote Online and using the Cite While You Write add-in to insert references into your Word documents and build a reference list automatically at the end.
Note: This workshop is based on EndNote 20 - the latest edition as installed on campus computers and available for home install via the Support Portal
By the end of the first workshop, you will be able to:
- Create a new EndNote library
- Add references manually
- Add references automatically from various sources
- Attach pdf files to references
- Organise your references using groups
- Rate and sort references
- Create an EndNote Online account
By the end of the second workshop you will be able to:
- Sync an existing EndNote library with EndNote Online
- Add references to EndNote Online
- Select the University of Hull referencing Styles
- Insert citations into Word documents (Harvard or Footnotes)
- Edit citations to add page numbers
- Work with unformatted citations
- Convert citations to plain text
Who this workshop is for
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wishes to automate their referencing using bibliographic software. It is primarily aimed at masters and postgraduate students but may also be suitable for undergraduates undertaking independent study or dissertations.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.