Survey design [Online]
Issuing a survey is not just a simple case of making some questions up and asking people to complete your survey. A good survey will take time to develop and test if you want the data to give you the information you want for your research. This workshop will introduce you to the basic considerations of survey design.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Question types - what types of question can you ask to get the best information
- Factors impacting a response - how the type of question can affect the response rate you get
- What do you want to find out - how to ask the right questions
- Considerations for design to aid analysis - thinking about how you will analyse your data
- Delivering a survey - factors involved, such as layout, length, testing
Who this workshop is for
This workshop is useful for undergraduate and postgraduate students who are looking to create surveys to support their research.
This workshop is run by an Academic & Library Specialist from the Brynmor Jones Library Skills Team.