Finding quality journal articles for postgraduates [Online]
The Library subscribes to a wide range of databases which you can use to find quality journal articles. The databases available via the Library spread across a number of subject disciplines and this session will focus on multidisciplinary as well as subject specific resources.
The workshop will provide an opportunity to develop the search techniques you will need to be able to perform your searches effectively, providing the necessary skills to find quality journal articles.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify key search terms by using appropriate keywords and concepts
- Apply different search techniques, e.g. phrase searching, Boolean operators, truncation, and wildcards
- Use your Subject Libguide to identify the most appropriate databases for your subject discipline
- Conduct an advanced search for journal articles in one or more databases
- Limit and filter searches accordingly to narrow or broaden results
- Sort and manipulate the results set and subsequently save, export or print relevant results
Who is this workshop for?
Ideal for postgraduate students who need to find quality journal articles. Students from schools across all disciplines will benefit from attending this workshop.
This workshop is run by a Library Skills Adviser