Formatting your thesis using the UoH templates [Online]
The University has produced a set of templates to help with formatting these documents. This workshop will show you how to use the Chapter Template to create each individual chapter of your thesis and then bring these into the Thesis Template to create the final document for submission. This workshop will show you how to use these templates including:
- Using the in-built styles to format your text
- Using captioning to number your figures and tables
- Inserting landscape pages within the document
- Editing page numbers if necessary
- Being aware of the pre-set actions and what needs to go in each one
- Inserting individual chapter templates into the appropriate places within the thesis
- Populating the tables of contents, list of figures and list of tables
Who is this workshop for?
Doctoral students who need to format long documents and combine them into a single document for submission. This workshop would be particularly good for those just starting to write. If you are already well into the writing process, we would recommend that you make a personal appointment with a member of the Skills Team to discuss your formatting needs.
This workshop is run by a Library Skills Adviser