Struggling to find those quality journal articles that you need for your assignment?
Come along to this workshop to learn tips and techniques to enable you to find good quality journal articles using library resources.
The Library subscribes to a wide range of databases which you can use to find quality journal articles. These databases spread across a number of subject disciplines and this session will look at multidisciplinary as well as subject specific resources.
The workshop will provide an opportunity to develop the essential search techniques that you will need to perform your searches effectively, providing the necessary skills to find quality journal articles.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify key search terms and discover smart ways to search
- Effectively search Summon and Library databases for journal articles
- Use your Subject Libguide to identify the most appropriate databases for your subject discipline
- Conduct an advanced search for journal articles in one or more databases
- Limit and filter searches accordingly to narrow or broaden results
Who is this workshop for?
Ideal for undergraduate students who need to find quality journal articles. Students from schools across all disciplines will benefit from attending this workshop.
This workshop is run by a Library Skills Adviser