Getting started with NVivo is ideal for any level of student using NVivo for the first time. These interactive workshops are designed to get you started with your analysis and will cover the most commonly used features of NVivo 12 Pro for Windows.
These are theoretical workshops and due to the time restrictions, participants will use sample data.
Workshop requirements: Participants must watch the pre-session video before they attend the face-face workshops.
- You will be sent a view to watch before you attend part 1. It is essential that you watch this video before you attend part 1.
- Adding data into NVivo (documents, photographs, interview transcripts, videos, audio, etc.)
- Using cases to organise social data (e.g. interviews and focus groups)
- Use cases to assign attributes to participants (e.g. gender, workplace, nationality etc)
- Using file classifications to manage your data (e.g. 'interview' 'photograph' 'journal article')
- Coding your data (assign pieces of text/audio/images to a theme or other code/case)
- Using memos
- Organising your data:
- Search folders
- Advanced filter dialogue
- Query your data using:
- Text search query
- Word frequency query
- Coding query
The sessions are 2.5 hours long each
Who are these workshops for?
These workshops are useful for postgraduate students and researchers who are looking to use NVivo for the first time. NVivo is an excellent tool for any form of qualitative analysis.
This workshop is run by a Skills Team Adviser