This workshop is a faster paced version of the Word 1 and Word 2 workshops which covers the essentials of thesis or dissertation formatting in MS Word.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Apply, edit and create styles
- Add different page numbering formats to different sections of a document
- Add multilevel numbering to the headings of your document
- Add captions to your figures and tables
- Create automatic labels of contents, figures and tables
- Cross reference to tables and figures within your document
- Save your document as a chapter template
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at all postgraduate students who need to format dissertations and theses. It runs on a weekend primarily to aid part-time students.
This workshop is run by a Library Skills Adviser