Outline of the Session
1. a. Refreshments and Networking - 10am to 10.30am - First Floor Concourse near Zucchinis Cafe
and/or for those who want to attend ... we are also offering at the same time session 1.b. below.....
b. 'Top Tips for Health and Wellbeing for PGRs' - 10am to 10.30am - Wilberforce Lecture Theatre 1
2. Preparation and Planning for your Viva Voce - 10.30am to 12.30pm - with Drs Hatter, Turner and Shaw
Topics will include:
- Submitting your thesis & what happens next.
- What is the purpose and structure of the Viva Voce Examination?
- What happens on the day and Viva Outcomes.
- Some typical PGR Student Concerns.
- Planning and preparing for your Viva.
- Countdown to the Viva/Final Preparations.
- Internal and External Resources and Support.
NB., There will be a comfort break at a natural break in the session.
3. Break-Out Sessions - 12.30pm to 1.30pm
Research staff with experience of supervising PhDs, acting as internal and external examiners will share their experience and tips with you. There will also be time for questions.
Faculty of Health Sciences (Biomedical Science) students go to Wilberforce, Lecture Room 20.
Faculty of Business, Law and Politics - students go to Wilberforce Lecture Room 14.
Faculty of Arts,Cultures and Education - students go to Wilberforce, Lecture Room 30.
Faculty of Science and Engineering - students go to Wilberforce, Lecture Room 7.
Psychology - students go to Wilberforce, Lecture Room 13.
If you have any queries please contact Jackie McAndrew, Public Engagement and PGR Experience Specialist, The Graduate School on email@example.com