This session will actively explore three different classroom interaction tools (Kahoot, Plickers and Mentimeter), and how each can be used to help you create more engaging learning environments – regardless of how big (or small) your class is!
Please note, this session will run as a scheduled sprint (an academic hour), but be available as a chartered workshop (that is available on request).
By successfully engaging with this event, the participant will be able to:
- Know how to access, prepare and use Kahoot, Plickers and Mentimeter
- Understand the differences between these tools and when to choose each
- Be aware of some of the established classroom assessment techniques ,and best practices in question design
UK Professional Standards Framework (HEA, 2011) outlines the core Activities (A), Knowledge (K) and Values (V) that underpin teaching and learning activity in HE. This event supports:
- A1: Design and plan learning activities and/or programmes of study
- A2: Teach and/or support learning
- A4: Develop effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance
- K2: Appropriate methods for teaching, learning and assessing in the subject area and at the level of the academic programme
- K4: The use and value of appropriate learning technologies
- K5: Methods for evaluating the effectiveness of teaching
- V1: Respect individual learners and diverse learning communities
- V2: Promote participation in higher education and equality of opportunity for learners
- V3: Use evidence informed approaches and the outcomes from research, scholarship and continuing professional development
If this session has already taken place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waiting list for a second run.
All workshop resources (including Panopto recordings) will be available online. Details will be given in due course.