How Technology can Support Assessment
This session will explore the role of digital assessment in the curriculum design process. Participants will also discover and discuss the potential benefits and challenges of digital assessment and look at different approaches for using technology to support assessment and feedback.
This event will be of interest to:
Anyone who teaches or supports learning and is interested in exploring new approaches to assessment. The session speaks to areas of the NSS including assessment and feedback and organisation and management.
By successfully engaging with this event, the participant will:
- Explore what digital technologies are available to support assessment in formal and informal learning scenarios
- Understand approaches to designing digital assessment effectively within UoH environment
UK Professional Standards Framework (HEA, 2011) outlines the core Activities (A), Knowledge (K) and Values (V) that underpin teaching and learning activity in HE. This event supports:
- A1: Design and plan learning activities and/or programmes of study
- A2: Teach and/or support learning
- A3: Assess and give feedback to learners
- A4: Develop effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance
- K4: The use and value of appropriate learning technologies
2018 HeLF report – Digital assessments in HE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ie1jfjfyLqFW4lmNGYbbqlukvavrAcnU/view
JISC - Designing learning and assessment in a digital age: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/guides/designing-learning-and-assessment-in-a-digital-age
If this session has already taken place, please contact email@example.com to be added to a waiting list for a second run.
All workshop resources (including Panopto recordings) will be available online. Details will be given in due course.