How Technology can Support Work Based Learning and Remote Teaching
This session will provide an overview of learning technologies that can help provide support for students learning off campus whilst on placement or years abroad. The technologies will cover areas such as communication (BigBlueButton), self reflection and assessment (pebblepad), blended resources (Panopto) and online delivery (Canvas).
This event will be of interest to:
Anyone who is involved in supporting work based learning and placements or those looking to develop this area. The session also speaks to areas of the NSS including teaching on my course, academic support and organisation and management.
By successfully engaging with this event, the participant will:
- Gather awareness of current practices around work based learning and placements
- Understand key technologies: Panopto, PebblePad, Canvas for online delivery (webinars etc)
- Have practical steps for implementing technology within their teaching
UK Professional Standards Framework (HEA, 2011) outlines the core Activities (A), Knowledge (K) and Values (V) that underpin teaching and learning activity in HE. This event supports:
- A1: Design and plan learning activities and/or programmes of study
- A2: Teach and/or support learning
- A4: Develop effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance
- K3: How students learn, both generally and within their subject/disciplinary area(s)
- K4: The use and value of appropriate learning technologies
- V1: Respect individual learners and diverse learning communities
If this session has already taken place, please contact email@example.com to be added to a waiting list for a second run.
All workshop resources (including Panopto recordings) will be available online. Details will be given in due course.